Re: NE CSA Conference (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:01:27 -0400
From: Sarah C. Donaldson <scassdon@frontiernet.net>
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@sunsite.unc.edu>
Cc: scassdon@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: NE CSA Conference (fwd)

Hi

My comments below-
Sarah Cass Donaldson
Seeking Common Ground, CSA
Honeoye Falls, NY
scassdon@frontiernet.net

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> From: csana <csana@bcn.net>
> Subject: NE CSA Conference
[text deleted]
> You as CSA growers, members, and advocacy groups MAKE the conference and we
> need your advice.
> What subjects would you like to see presented?

Seeking Common Ground is a first year CSA, located about 15 miles
south of Rochester, NY. We are a participatory CSA with an educational
base. I would like to see a track on Workshops that can be used with
Members. This would include, Children's Workshops, Adult Workshops and
Combination Adult/Child Workshops. Lesson Plans for workshops, time
limits, pre and post activities (linking workshop w/daily living).

I would also like to see a Picture Gallery Set up with pictures from as
many CSAs as possible. Perhaps a Photo Award for a few catagories.

I would like a workshop on Fund Raising development and grant writing.
What grants are available. How involved is it to submit grants.

I would also like a workshop on Public Relations/Promotion.

A structured small group discussion group on a few topics would also be
interesting. Participants could pick a topic of choice and join that
group. Someone from each group could report back to the group.

About how many people will attend (estimate)? Name tags w/farm on it is
always helpful.

> Who would you suggest for possible presenters or workshop leaders?
> I would be happy to present any of the workshops noted above, and help
out  (a few hours) with logistics on the day(s) of the event.

I also suggest contacting our farmer, Woody Wodraska as a presenter. He
is well versed in many areas of CSAs and an excellent presenter.
(surprise Woody!)
WoodyW@juno.com

> If you are knowledgeable in certain areas, let us know what the subject is
> and if you would be willing to participate in a panel or lead a workshop.
I'm knowledgeable in Festivals, Education, Training, and Public
Relations.

I am willing to participate in a panel or lead a workshop.

> Please include name, address, phone, farm or organization you represent,
> and telephone with any correspondence.

Sarah Donaldson -Core Member
137 Howell Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424