Re: Bee Mites

Sean:

West Virginia University has a great web site which gives the recipe and
research results of using essential oils, spearmint and wintergreen oils,
for varoa mite control in bees.  The web address is
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/varroa.htm

Best of luck with dealing with the problem.

>I have an organic grower that is looking for a recipe for contolling bee
>mites with petroleum jelly and spearmint oil.  I know I have seen
>information on this before, and am hoping that someone out there may have a
>contact that may be of some help.

    Carol A. Miles, Ph.D.
    Washington State University
    Extension Agricultural Systems