FW: RE: old organic references

Dear All,

If anyone is interested in tracing the development of organic farming, this
bibliography may be of interest.

Gates, J. P. (Potter Gates, J.) (1988) Tracing the evolution of
organic/sustainable agriculture. A selected and annotated bibliography.
Bibliographies and Literature of Agriculture, US Department of Agriculture
No. 72, 20 pp.
This bibliography cites writings tracing the evolution of
organic/sustainable agriculture and its pattern of philosophical and
scientific aspects. All the works cited are in the collection of the
National Agricultural Library.

For the tropics, the following may be more focused.

Switzerland, AGRECOL Development Information; Senegal, Environment and
National Development in Africa; France, Groupe d'Etudes et de Services pour
l'Economie des Ressources; Cote d'Ivoire, Institut Africain pour le
Developpement (1989) [Ecological agriculture in francophone Africa: a
selected annotated bibliography with lists of relevant organizations and
periodicals. ] Agriculture ecologique en Afrique franchophone: bibliographie
selective commentee; organismes -- periodiques. 96 pp. 183 ref.
A joint publication by AGRECOL Development Information, ENDA (Environment
and National Development in Africa), GEYSER (Groupe d'Etudes et de Services
pour l'Economie des Ressources) and INADES (Institut Africain pour le
Developpement).

Bill, I hope this helps.

Anton
a.doroszenko@cabi.org