                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #130

June 19, 1997

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.

                         ***

*Farm Chemicals Handbook '97, 1997.* Meister Publishing
Company. Presents information about all pesticides
registered in U.S. plus others, including trade and
common names of pesticide formulations and active
ingredients, registered uses, toxicity and basic
manufacturers. Regulatory section gives detailed
descriptions of laws and regulations pertaining to
pesticides, including Clean Air Act, Food Quality
Protection Act, Endangered Species Act and many others.
Provides contact information for pesticide
manufacturers. US$89. Meister Publishing Company, 37733
Euclid Avenue, Willoughby, OH 44094; phone toll free
(800) 572-7740 or (216) 942-2000; fax (216) 942-0662.

*Agricultural Chemicals: Book IV -- Fungicides, 1997.*
W.T. Thomson. Provides brief descriptions of fungicides
used worldwide, including information about uses,
manufacturers and application rates. Organizes listing
by chemical group. Includes names and addresses of basic
manufacturers. 235 pp. US$24.95. Thomson Publications,
P.O. Box 9335, Fresno, CA 93791; phone (209) 435-2163;
fax (209) 435-8319; http://www.agbook.com.

*The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act
(FIFRA) and Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA)
as Amended by the Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) of
August 3, 1996, 1997.* U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA). Presents complete updated text of major
pesticide regulations in U.S. 189 pp. U.S. EPA,
Waterside Mall, 401 M Street, SW, Washington, DC 20460,
Mailcode 7506 C; phone (703) 305-5017; fax (703) 305-
5558.

*Methyl Bromide: Environmental Health Criteria 166,
1995.* International Programme on Chemical Safety
(IPCS). Evaluates methyl bromide's risks to human health
and environment, stressing need to follow stict safety
precautions because of its toxicity. Discusses uses and
mode of action, and examines ways humans might be
exposed. Reviews case studies of accidental and
occupational poisoning, including numerous fatalities.
324 pp. Specify order number 1160166. US$42.30. World
Health Organization (WHO), Distribution and Sales, 1211
Geneva 27, Switzerland; phone (41-22) 791 3592; fax (41-
22) 788-0401.

*Special Report on Environmental Endocrine Disruption:
An Effects Assessment and Analysis, 1997.* U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Reviews
scientific literature on endocrine disruptors, focussing
on whether there is evidence that these substances
impact humans or wildlife. Describes studies on range of
health effects, including male and female reproductive
problems and cancer. Concludes that certain wildlife
species have been adversely affected by endocrine
disruptors and risks to humans warrant further research.
114 pp. Specify order number EPA/630/R96/012. US EPA,
ORD Publications, Mailstop G-72, 26 West Martin Luther
King Dr., Cincinatti, OH 45268; phone (513) 569-7562;
fax (513) 569-7566; report is also online at
http://www.epa.gov/ORD/whatsnew.htm.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associate Adam Kirshner for further information.