New/Beginning Farmer Programs

Dear Sa-netters:

I would like your assistance in identifying good New and Beginning Farmer
Programs, especially those that incorporate sustainable agriculture
concepts--although I'm not limiting myself to those.  I also want to go
beyond those programs that are primarily financing/low-interest loan programs.

  Are there programs out there that conduct schools, tours, seminars and
other training/educational activities?  Do any use learning circles or other
small discussion groups where new farmers regularly meet?  Are they formal
state- or organizational-sponsored activities or they  more informal?  What
resources/services are they providing those who want to begin farming?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Tom Johnson
Policy Working Group