low income farmers markets

As part of a research project funded by Univ of California Sustainable Ag
Program, I am looking for information on farmers' markets in low income
communities. Specifically, I am seeking to evaluate the factors that lead to
a market's success, and learn from failures as well as successes. In that
vein, a few questions for Sanetters---

Does anyone know of "successful" markets that serve low income consumers that
might make good case studies?

What factors contribute to the success or lack thereof in low income farmers'
markets?

Is anyone familiar with marketing literature on the food shopping
patterns/habits of low income groups or ethnic minorities?

Other information along these lines would be helpful....

Thanks

Andy Fisher
Community Food Security Coalition
Po Box 209