Profile of Pesticide Free Consumers

A graduate student called me this morning requesting information on studies
that profile consumers who choose to buy pesticide-free food.  This would
include not only the reasons for their choice, but are there any
distinguishing characteristics (age,education, experiences,
phobias/concerns, etc., etc., that identifies/characterizes these persons).
I would appreciate any references you might be able to share.  Thanks.
Myron Shenk, Extension
Pesticide Applicator Training Coordinator
IPPC/OSU
2040 Cordley Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-2915
Tel. 541/737-6274
FAX: 541/737-3080

IPPC = Integrated Plant Protection Center of
       Oregon State University