Re: Article by Peter Montague

Thank you for your research and your fascinating article regarding so
many of the activities within the ranks of those who would foster the
increase in local, municipal, state, and regional landfills. With all
that we know about the very long term results of such sites I am more
committed than ever to the overwhelmingly clear need to discontinue any
paths that would propogate more of these monstrosities.

Concurrently, I cannot help but conclude that professional, large scale,
cost-effective, safe approaches to large scale composting processes and
composting systems provides us with the one clear cut solution that
synergistically and holistically addresses today's community,
environmental, ecological, and agricultural requirements for sustainable
agriculture, municipal, urban and rural planning. When addressed from
the paradigm of an integrated systems approach proper composting
operations begin with the collection systems and run through all related
factors such as source materials to be processed including agricultural
manures, industrial organic by products, MSW, carcasses, pulp and paper,
fabrics, wood scaps, cellulose, sludge and a broad host of others to
properly collect, recycle, prepare, mix, innoculate, foster thorough
stabilization, sifting, packaging and distribution. BUT, being far more
than just an approach to reduce mass or hide wastes the properly
composted end product is a totally stable pathogen free, mutagen free,
safe and valuable product that is well below all federal guidelines for
metals, toxic agents and any other pollutants.

THIS product is perfect for all agricultural, horticultural, landscaping
or similar applications for the home owner or the largest farm
application. In THIS application what was once organic waste is returned
safely to the earth to add humus, improve tilth, assist in waste
holding, add vital microbiological life to the soil, increase mineral
content, and serve in a broad host of other vital areas to build up and
even remediate our salt laden, demineralized, overly fertilized, often
sterile soils while being a tremendous boon to plant growth.

We have the choice, do we continue to bury our problems or pursue
sustainability and life?

Clarence W. Walker

--

Atlanta International Communications,Inc./Sales Reps. & Consulting Svcs.
See our web site! Updated 07-14-97 http://www.mindspring.com/~atlintlcom