Re: (Fwd) Environmental ed book review

Michele--
Somehow I got the same impression of Facts Not Fear from an overly puffy
story in James Dobson's Focus on the Family magazine (August 1997). It
goes to about 14 bazillion homes in the U.S. and Canada, many of them of
them evangelical Christian and/or politically conservative folks.  The
book's title was the cover story title. The cover blurb says: Exploring
the truth about environmental issues. Photo shows a family petting a
galapagos (I'm guessing on type here) tortoise.

The germ of the story text is to get parents looking at what their kids
are studying, then to act if they find more indoctrination than
education.  No so radical.

Conclusion is: "Children should be encouraged to view current debates
over environmental issues as part of the search for truth, not a
morality play." Now that IS radical because it trivializes the powers at
work to use up Creation's bounty as if it were ours to dispose of. Not
only a morality play, I'd say it's a spirituality play as well for those
who have ears to hear. -- Greg

--
Greg Bowman
Agro-ecological journalist

Communicating for whole farms...for whole communities...for the whole
world.

Follow-Ups: References: