                             ***
                   Pesticide Action Network
                        North America
                       Updates Service
                 http://www.panna.org/panna/
            =====================================

Resource Pointer #141

September 17, 1997

For copies of the following resources, please contact
the appropriate publishers or organizations directly.

                         ***

*Funding a Better Ban: Smart Spending on Methyl Bromide
Alternatives in Developing Countries, 1997.* Kristin
Schafer. Outlines specific recommendations for how to
make best use of funds for phasing out methyl bromide
and implementing alternatives, focusing particular
attention on the Multilateral Fund, an international
fund established to help developing countries phase out
ozone depleting chemicals. Presents overview of methyl
bromide use and trends in developing countries and
summarizes alternatives. Provides recommendations for
industrialized countries, developing countries,
Multilateral Fund's Executive Committee and implementing
agencies, and non-governmental organizations. 21 pp.
US$5 (free to NGOs in developing countries). Contact
PANNA.

*World Directory of Pesticide Control Organizations, 3rd
Edition, 1996.* George Ekstrom, ed. Summarizes
international and multilateral efforts regarding
pesticides and provides information about pesticide
regulatory agencies in many countries worldwide. For
each country, provides contact information for agencies
responsible for pesticide registration, training and
certification, residue limits, residue analysis and
other issues related to pesticide regulation. 520 pp.
US$102 plus $4 shipping. Specify ISDN 0-85404-437X.
American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St., NW,
Washington, DC 20036; phone (202) 776-8100; fax (202)
872-6067. Or contact Royal Society of Chemistry;
http://www.rsc.org.

*California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) Membership
Directory, 1997.* CCOF Statewide Office. Briefly
describes CCOF, a non-profit organic advocacy and
certification group. Lists certified and non-certified
members of CCOF with contact information and cross lists
farmers with products. Provides names of organic farms
that hire apprentices/interns. 67 pp. US$5. CCOF
Statewide Office, 1115 Mission St., Santa Cruz, CA
95060; phone (408) 423-2263; fax (408) 423-4528;
www.ccof.org.

*Cross Border Links: A Directory of Organizations in
Canada, Mexico and the United States, 1997.* Harry
Browne, ed. Lists names of environmental and social
justice organizations in North America, including
contact information and brief descriptions. Intended to
facilitate cross-border collaboration among activists
and to keep pressure from environmentalists on NAFTA-
related institutions. 67 pp. US$5.95. Interhemispheric
Resource Center, P.O. Box 2178, Silver City, NM 88062;
phone (505) 388-0208; fax (505) 388-0619; email
resourcectr@igc.org; www.zianet.com/irc1.

*Faculty Series: Sustainable Assessment in Agriculture:
Annotated Bibliography and Resource List of Methods,
1997.* John Vickery and Luanne Lohr. Presents annotated
bibliography of tools, publications and programs for
assessing agricultural sustainability. Includes brief
descriptions and contact information for resources
regarding environmental impact assessments and
assessments at crop, field and whole-farm levels. 43 pp.
Available on web -- no charge for those unable to access
web. Luanne Lohr, Dept. of Agriculture and Applied
Economics, 314C Conner Hall, University of Georgia,
Athens, GA 30602; phone (706) 542-2481; fax (706) 542-
0739; email llohr@agecon.uga.edu;
http://agecon.lib.umn.edu.

We encourage those interested in having resources listed
in the Online Resource Pointer to send review copies of
publications, videos or other sources to our office
(address listed below) or to contact Information Program
Associate Adam Kirshner for further information.