Sustainable Labeling Initiatives Procedures Manual

Hello,

I am writing to request information on locally initiated labeling
initiatives for agricultural products (ecolabeling, sustainable labeling,
social labeling, regional labeling, etc.).  Specifically, I am in search of
"how to" manuals which describe the process of developing a local labeling
initiative for sustainably produced agricultural products.

Thank you for your time.  Please respond to me directly,
kclements@iatp.org, and I will summarize what folks send me for the entire
list.

Cordially,

Kathryn Gilje Clements

The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) is developing a
program exploring the possibilities of LABELS as instruments to drive more
ecologically sound and socially just development.  We are researching
labeling initiatives, creating an informational database, publishing a
monthly bulletin, working on a website, organizing a European labeling tour
and conference, and supporting the development of local labeling
initiatives.  Our fledgling website can be found at
http://www.sustain.org/labels.  Send kclements@iatp.org a message if you
are interested in receiving our monthly bulletin LABELS:  Linking Consumers
and Producers.

Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
2105 First Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
612/870-3422
Fax 612/870-4846