Re: comments on UDSA/NOP

----------

Subject: Re: comments on UDSA/NOP cost and benefits to organic farmersand
handlers
it was written:
I am not asking for no regulations I am saying why burden the small
farmer.  Did you read
=============Comment
Next time you go to grocery store and ask to buy some produce ask if its fresh
ask the seller
would you sign a declaration form under penalty of perjury subject  to jail
Ask that car dealer the same.....Will the saleman who sells your next suit of
clothes who
tells you that you look good in them do the same. Unfortunately we have lost
trust in fellow human being, and make it federal case out of organics for the
small producer is stupid. It seem that the O word cannot be used in mixed
company so to speak. These regs impose
criminal sanctions on what should clearly be a civil issue.
This reg is well beyond PC especially since the O word can only be used in a
limited context. I cannot say that my O practice is better and I dont even
think I can even describe what it is. Please let me know if this correct. The
new regs are designed to let largest corporate interest
access to premium prices and dilute standards......With growth rates of over 20
% big business
wants a cut.
So to speak if I was king , I would raise the exemption to the average wage
in America. Establish minimum standards and allow others who have better to say
so.
Since I am NOT king , and we have no king it won't happen..............

For a small producer who uses O word and fails to follow all this bull (manure)
could easily
blow 5 years gross defending himself. For example say a small producer tells
his customer
exactly how he produces his food but uses a previous approved method that is
later outlawed
but explains again this his practices.... That farmer could face jail under
this....Yet
he didnt rape , rob, steal, lie or kill . Think of it when he is the big house
, his fellow inmates
will ask what you are in for " He will say I used the "O" word, and they will
say "rape, murder,
robbery"
There will be some justice He will be probably put on a Farm Release
Program....

Question Can I use the "S" word --Sustainable or is that a crime also ?????