Re: A Few Thoughts

As always, CV. B.'s point is thoughtfully, constructively and patiently
presented.  But I suggest the underlying issue goes beyond differences
in farming methods or healthier vs. less healthier food.  It's who will
pay the cost of maintaining the biosphere habitable and above all, does
the political will exist to take that cost into account and mandate the
inclusion of that criteria in the marketplace.  It's easier to cut
corners because vested interests and lazy perception on the part of both
the public at large AND many concerned professionals in the field would
rather sell out - or postpone excercising that basic responsibility.  Am
I referring to an impractical or overly ambitious task?  Some will say
yes.  But then again, maybe complacency and / or inability to get to the
crux of the matter are too inbred among those intellectuals best capable
of acheiving that goal, and I don't expect much support for this point
of view from this forum at this time.

D.H.