Re: bits and pieces

.

>I was wrong . sorry.  I agree I have not had an inspector yet that was not
honest
>even when inspections were free.  Hope you can handle a little mistrust as
>we organic growers are the most mistrusted folks around. You see how
>seriously uptight you got well I am getting to feel that way all the time
>as my honesty is being call on to the carpet and it is starting to inflame
>me . you know how that feels.   I am not that good at speaking or writing
>and I don't want to offend anyone.  So I am sorry.  Now  inspectors will
>have to travel lots more that 2 hr.  in some out of the way places and the
>poor farmer will be forced to pay for hours and hours of travel time and I
>don't feel the small farmer can afford it.  IF you are in Ca. and you know
>even here it is hard to get a close inspector  so think of the folks in Big
>Timber Wy.  or anywhere that is not as well organized as Ca.  These forced
>inspection at farmers cost is going to hurt and burden the small farmer.
>If I have my paper work and I am honest I am ready for inspection and have
>done  every thing I need to do to be organic what else can I do and do you
>think it is fair that because it cost so must to inspect me that I should
>have to carry all that wight.  Because the closest inspector is 500 miles
>or 20 miles away do you think the small grower should have to pay
>gas,food,motel,hour pay for driving plus inspection.plus certification.Why
>not let the inspector certify me. Because the inspector has to report to
>the certifier who we then have to also pay .  Well that is what they want
>to do force us to pay for The whole ball of wax.    Do you think that every
>year that I should pay a new inspector to read over my history . I have not
>change and my history has not change it is the inspector that has change
>and I have to pay over and over again.Just because the calender changes
>does not mean I have changed.  1967 1968 1969 I am still the same.  Same as
>last year only the inspector name has change not me.  .
Also because there is a thief in the US do we search every ones home . No !
 and there would be a great outcry if we did and it should be the same with
organic growers just because someone is cheating in organic growing does
not mean we should search every organic growers farm in the whole US every
year over and over and charge them for it.