Re: SMALLFARM-MG> Organic Produce

Only one questions Sal.  Where were you when the California Organic Law was
passed and then amended?  Many of us have spent over 7 years to see a
National Organic Program authorized by OFPA implemented that fulfills the
needs of organic farms, handling operations and customers, domestically and
internationally, AND THAT IS SIZE NEUTRAL.  OFPA could even straighten out
some of the problems that California organic growers and handlers let slip by
in there work in the fields.  Organic farmers outside California have always
thought California organic farmers had a sweet deal.  Guess we are learning
differently.  A democracy always takes vigilence and as the most famous of
California consultants once said, I am not interested in continuously
monitoring the government.  Such an attitude is suicide in a democracy.  If
we don't want to play the dance called democracy, we can sit it out, and let
the others have the fun.  It doesn't take much energy to complain.  It takes
a lot to innovate and organize.

OFMA    http://www.iquest.net/ofma/