Re: healthy crops

Ineke:
Recent compost demonstration projects funded by the California
Integrated Waste Management Board found mixed results--brown rot
on Elegant Lady peaches in Fresno was suppressed on compost amended
plots the first year.  Harry Andris, UC Cooperative Extension, was lead
researcher.  There wasn't much brown rot at all the next year so
results were inconclusive.  Marc Buchanan found some disease
suppression using compost on onions as part of the Monterey Bay Region
trials.  The full reports can be downloaded from the Publications
list at http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov.   A four-page overview fact sheet of
all five projects is available online too.

PJ