TH: Re: Usenet Newsgroup

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
I do not participate in newsgroup discussions, but rely more on the
urban forestry listservs for information and discussion. What, actually
would be the difference in how rec.parks.trees (or whatever) operates
and Tree-House?

>From a professional stand point, I would suggest that the "science"
designator: sci.environment.community.trees, would be a better fit

The other urban forestry listservs almost exclusively disseminate UF
information of interest to professionals and primarily those involved
with UF programs at the regional, state and local level.

Tree-House, I believe could be a very good link between professional and
non-professionals that doesn't exist at any other location (to my
knowledge).

--
Dudley R. Hartel, Consulting Urban Forester
Rt. 3, Box 410