Re: TH: Re: Usenet Newsgroup

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
Richard,

I support the sci.environment.community.trees designator as I believe
that the rec.parks is not inclusive enough. Tree-House is especially
valuable to me for the linkage that it provides between professional and
non-professional, technical and non-technical in the urban and community
forestry world. This is something that I believe Dudley Hartel pointed
out in an earlier post. Tree-House is a unique and enormously valuable
forum/information exchange. A newsgroup (in addition to the listserv) in
the same vein could reach more folks and expand the benefits. Just my
.02!

Beverly Gingg, Coordinator
Santa Margarita Community Forestry
http://www.slonet.org/~bgingg/

RT Ellsberry wrote:

>  Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
>  -------
>  On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Dudley R. Hartel wrote:
>
> > From a professional stand point, I would suggest that the "science"
> > designator: sci.environment.community.trees, would be a better fit.
>
>  On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Jeff Hohensee wrote:
>
> > The rec.parks title would probably miss most of our citizens
> > if they were searching the net for a community forestry newsgroup.
>
>  Thank you both for your wise thoughts.  It is looking like
>  sci.environment.forests would not only be more functional, but
>  might even stand a better chance of passing the vote.  The implicit
>  'plurality' of environment & forests should sound accessible
>  (friendly) to more folks, as well as its being easier to locate.
>
>  (un)subscribe Requests:
>  Richard@Flora.Com
>  Richard Tryzno Ellsberry | FloraList Operations | Baltimore USDA Zone 7

Follow-Ups: References: