TH: NTT seedlings

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
Sorry folks, I should have read all your fine posts before
responding last time.

1)  I have had excellent luck with smaller trees (3/4" - 1 1/4")
with guards around them.  In some cases, better then large ones
(2 1/2" - 3") in the same area or block.  Beyond that, I believe
they take the transplant better, especially if they are potted
rather then dug.  This applies to the future NTT seedlings.  If
they are well cared for, you can move them out after 2 growing
seasons.  Meaning summer to fall of 1999.  Summer, only if
someone will water them.

2)  Did someone mention a PU truck with a ramp?  I do that too,
except I use a cable hoist!  Makes things easy.  If you attach the
hoist to the root ball of the tree (that's counter intuitive), one
person can crank the hoist and guide the tree by ones self.
Ahhhh, life, how I love it!

-G-