Tt: tree selection criteria

Hello,
	I am a member of our (small) town's Shade Tree Commission, and as
such, I am updating our list of suggested trees for planting.  The current
list seems to be based primarily on size at maturity.  As an ecologist, I
am hoping to utilize ecological criteria such as food production for
birds and other urban wildlife and conservation of native tree species in
developing our suggestions.  I would greatly appreciate others' advise on
ecological and other criteria to consider in this endeavor.

Thanks in advance,

Marianna D. Wood

Biological and Allied Health Sciences
Bloomsburg University
Bloomsburg PA 17815

*** By all means let's be open-minded,
		but not so open-minded that our brains drop out. ***
							--Richard Dawkins