TT: [Way Off Topic] Reducing your junk email ...

 Dear TreeTown -

 Sorry to drift so far off topic here, but this is a serious issue
 for me, and I suspect for many of you as well.  I get a LOT of
 junk email, because of our website, from writing to usenet news-
 groups etc ... this puts me on a LOT of junk email lists.

 I have been trying to think for months how to set up my mail
 filtration to automatically kill junk mail while leaving the
 rest, the good stuff to be read, and I may have figured that out.
 It's still being tested so the results will be reported later.

 Most junk mail does not show your own address in the 'To:' header.
 This is the key.  If you set your mail filtration criteria to
 (to != "my.address") then delete (or save "junkmail").

 What this means is, if the 'To:' header field does not include my
 mailing address, then kill the letter.  But please, if you are
 considering trying this, your mail from TreeTown doesn't have a
 full 'To:' field either ! So set up your filtration something like:

 if ((to != "my.address") and ( to != "treetown")) then delete ...

 Also, when your mail says "reply with REMOVE on the subject line"
 I recommend NOT replying.  To do so lets the spammers know that
 that you are a real person who reads their email.  Just delete it.

 Again, apologies ...
 Richard@Flora.Com
 TreeTown Discussion | ListOp Email: Richard@Flora.Com | <HTML> <A HREF=
 "http://flora.com"> | Community Forestry & Ecologies  | </A>    </HTML>