Re: TT: RE: Fall color ...

>  probably a good time now to ask for member introductions, which is
>  always an interesting read.  I encourage our reporters to speak in
>  your own language about what is important to yourself about your own
>  local forest.  Please don't worry about sounding too much like either
>  an expert or a novice.  Experience has shown that ordinary folks
>  seeking real-world advice on tree stewardship has generated much of
>  our best correspondences (including the 'fall colors' cited above).
>
>  In life there are no simple questions, and even less simple answers.
>  Perhaps someone could tell us about caring for trees in the winter,
>  about providing water when the ground freezes.  Most experts will
>  caution you against fertilizing trees at this time (in the northern
>  hemisphere), for one example ...

myself.  I am a consulting forester in Texas, worked here 30 years.
Having a fairly well based knowledge on southern timber, forests and
forestry.  I would be more than happy to give my opinion or knowledge
(which ever covers the ground) in response to questions from your
members.  I am one of the old breed with new ideas. Not an
environmentalist, but well based in the ecology of a healthy forest.
Nature leads, occaisionally I am smart enough to follow.
Don Staples
UIN 4653335

My Ego Stroke:  http://livingston.net/dstaples/

Follow-Ups: References: