TT: Re: RE: Fall color peaking in Baltimore

----------
> From: RTEllsberry <rtells@Flora.Com>
> To: Community_Forestry <TreeTown@Majordomo.Flora.Com>
> Subject: TT: RE: Fall color peaking in Baltimore
> Date: Tuesday, November 18, 1997 1:49 AM
> Fall color in Athens, Ga.(NE GA) is excellent still. The
sourwoods(Oxydendrum
arboreum) are brilliant as usual. Blackgums are also outstanding too .
Is it not a decrease in "chlorophyll a" that triggers the showing of other
chlorophylls
and anthocynins and thus the fall color occurs (due to reduced photoperiod)
?
Fall color in piedmont region of Ga.has been excellent.
Craig