TT: Forest Service Research Positions (Fwd).

 Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:00:00 +0000
 Originally-Posted-To: <LISTSERV@LISTSERV.FUNET.FI>
 To: Recipients of FOREST digests <FOREST@LISTSERV.FUNET.FI>
 From: Randy Kolka <kolka@srel.edu>

We are currently advertising two positions with our Wetlands
Restoration Research Program at the Savannah River Site in South
Carolina.  Copies of the extended position descriptions and
application procedures can be found on the internet at www.opm.gov
and look under the jobs section or search USDA jobs.  Call me if
their are questions.  Here are a brief summary of the two positions.

Forestry Technician, GS-7 or GS-9 depending on qualifications
($25,341-$31,000/year)
2 year term, Closing Date - Nov. 28, 1997
Applicants will be asked to describe their:

1)  Knowledge in research of the function and processes related to
natural and restored forested wetland communities.

2) Knowledge with soil, plant and water analysis, hydrologic design
and monitoring and southern plant identification.

3)  Knowledge with data collection, data management, statistical
analysis of data, interpretation of data and presentation of results.

Forestry or Biological Science Technician, GS-5 ($20,459/year)
2 year term, Closing Date - Nov. 28, 1997
Applicants will be asked to describe their:

1)  Knowledge of research related to natural and/or restored forested
wetland communities.

2)  Knowledge and skill working with soil, plant and water analysis,
and/or hydrologic monitoring.

3)  Ability to collect and manage data.

Randall K. Kolka, Ph.D.
Research Soil Scientist
USDA Forest Service
Center for Forested Wetlands Research
Savannah River Ecology Lab
737A, Drawer E
Aiken, SC  29802
phone: 803-725-7283
fax: 803-725-3309
email: kolka@srel.edu

 End of FOREST Digest - 18 Nov 1997 to 19 Nov 1997