Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:01:04 -0500
From: Mark Laska <mlaska@TAMSCONSULTANTS.COM>
To: ECOLOG-L@UMDD.UMD.EDU
Subject: salinity tolerances of wetland plants

I am presently working with a group of biologists designing a wetland
 restoration at a site in the northeast.  We are interested in obtaining
 information (published or not) pertaining to known salinity tolerances of the
 following two species:

Purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria), and
Atlantic white cedar (Chamaecyparis thyoides).

We hope to re-vegate a portion of the wetland restoration area with Atlantic
 white cedar and at the same time prevent an invasion of the site by
 loosestrife.  Any information on these species (e.g., citations with published
 salinity tolerances, experiments not published, etc.) would be appreciated.

Please forward information to me at:

MLaska@TAMSConsultants.Com

Many thanks!!!!
Mark Laska