GBlist: Design services on the GB list

Tom Nelson Scott (tom-scott@veda-home.com)
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:27:58 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, John wrote:

> If you don’t want to contribute your valued services on the site, simply
> don’t reply or offer them as a purchasable service. Some of us are, in
> fact, getting a wealth of "free" advice. Isn’t this in part what this
> web is all about? Or is it only for discourse of the "rocket
> scientist"? I won’t argue the high costs of some advice here, but I
> will add this two cents worth regarding getting along, courtesy and a
> free form where folks aren’t afraid to ask or intimidated by those
> "possibly" smarter than them.

I gotta agree with John on this one, although I empathize with Mark's
crankiness. Lookit: There are all levels of expertise among the
subscribers to this list. I'm on the low end of that scale, so I want
to thank those with greenbuilding design and engineering skills for
sharing a wealth of information with me. I hope you'll continue to do
so.

Tom Nelson Scott Phone/Fax: 1-414-966-2902
The Veda Home Company Business email: tom.scott@veda-home.com
W330 N8357 West Shore Drive Academic email: veda@csd.uwm.edu
Hartland WI 53029-9732 Academic web: http://www.uwm.edu/~veda
"Do less, accomplish more."