Re: GBlist: Demand controlled ventilation

Joseph E. King, AIA (jeking@cypress.idir.net)
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:10:27 -0600

Tom Anderson; Mechanical Systems Design wrote:

> Marc J. Rosenbaum wrote:
> >
> > I believe the Standard 62-89R that Tom refers to is only a DRAFT - I asked a
> > committee member if he thought it would be adopted by ASHRAE this year and he
> > thought it doubtful. So it doesn't seem to me to be the new "standard of care"
> > just yet.
> >
> > The most useful parts in it for me were the ways to assess how far exhaust
> > components need to be from intake components and windows.
> >
> > I thought the new standard to be overly complicated and unwieldy, and likely
> > that very few engineers who make their living designing these systems day in
> > and day out were on the committee writing them - too complicated. Just check
> > out the requirements for design documentation!
> >
> > Marc
>
> The "R" in 62-89R stands for review copy. This is being taken very
> seriously by the mainsteam design community. It will happen, more or
> less similar to the R version. Only question is when.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Tom Anderson

To the extent that a proposed standard update is more rigorous than the
existing one in a litiginous area like IAQ, I would not want to risk
having not met the update.

Joe King, AIA