Re: GBlist: Recycled XPS

Please keep in mind that all of the extruded polystyrenes and urethane-based
board stock products are blown with ozone-depleting chemicals, and as such,
should be avoided when possible.  One major expanded polystyrene producer, AFM,
has sent me plenty of literature showing how EPS can be used below grade
(though I think I prefer mineral fiber board there) and on flat roofs.  I think
the XPS/urethane producers have perhaps done a fear number on us about EPS not
being adequate in these applications - any experience out there?

Marc