GBlist: GB List: OSB question

Can anyone provide accurate information regarding the harmfulness of
phenol formaldehyde in building materials?

I am concerned specifically about OSB. Weyerhauser Structurwood, an
otherwise exellent product, lists it as a hazardous ingredient on it's
MSDS, along with Methylene bisphenyl, and Isocyanate. No further
information is given other than that it is present.

We use alot of the stuff as a component of structural insulated panels,
(which I will gladly defend ad nauseum at another time) but I would like
to know more about the hazards, especially long-term exposure, rate of
off-gasing, cumulative effect, etc.

Thanks for the help,

Chris Koehn
Top Ridge
(trying to build green in our Wisconsin backwater since 1988)