Re: GBlist: Re: Water Quality

I treat my water which is high in iron and manganese with something which may
be like #4.  It uses a nozzle which supposedly imparts a static charge to the
ions in the water, then the water goes through a tank of zeolite, which picks
up the ions because it has opposite charges.  No chemicals added at all.  We
have to backflush the system every 3 months or so, and the water sure is
iron-looking!  As soon as we put this system in, the stains beginning in our
fixtures stopped - it really works!

This was originally sold under the name Patterson Iron Remover, after the
inventor.  I last knew of a company in VT selling the system. Clearwater
Filtration is at 802-496-5544, last time I checked (1988).  These were not the
manufacturers.

Sorry for the incomplete info.  The system really works well.  The newer ones
had two tanks and automatic backflushing controls - we do ours manually.