No Subject

Dear Ben

I just got your email adress from a posting you did on the GAIA listserver
about the vision of a Community Heart Center in San Diego. I have not yet
explored all the links suggested, but will give it a look for sure. Your
comment on our power to decide what our collective future will be is right
on. I so much believe in this that I'm now devoting much time and attention
to the following project. Please take a few minutes to see what it is and
even check our web site.

Best regards

Jean Hudon

P.S. I'm also including your list of CCs as I believe these people and
organizations might also be interested

Subject: Introduction to the Earth Concert 2000, Earth Proclamation & Earth
Rainbow Network

Recently a new opportunity has arisen for people interested
in cocreating with others an event to help stir the world
towards peace, justice and environmental sustainability.
With less than 1000 days now to go before the beginning of a
new millennium, more and more people are aware that, as we
approach the end of this century, we ought to create a
context in which millions of people from around the world
will be empowered to create in their own community and
through their own networks a sense of anticipation and
openness for the changes that must soon occur if we are to
enter a new era of peace and harmony on Earth.

It is with these things in mind and a keen sense of my power
to make a difference - as we all have - that I suddenly got,
last November 29, an overpowering vision of what WILL be the
worldwide celebration of our One Global Family on the eve of
the year 2000. I literally saw thousands of people, coming
from all corners of the world and representing the entire
human family - all the cultures, all the tribes, all the
religions - converging towards a huge gathering surrounding
a central Earth globe to solemnly participate in the Opening
Ceremony of the New Millennium. The unspeakable beauty of
this potential event, unifying for the first time the entire
planet watching a live broadcast of this event, brought
tears to my eyes and a profound commitment to dedicate all
my abilities, no matter what, to the achievement of this
vision.

I immediately wrote a letter to capture the essence of what
I just saw and started sharing it with others. This letter
and much more information is now available on a Web site
created for the implementation of this vision as mentioned
in the Earth Proclamation hereafter. This document is a
direct outcome of the communications that were soon
established through the Internet with a number of people
likewise inspired to take advantage of this unique
opportunity to foster world peace, justice, harmony and a
better world for all. It was sent out by email around the
world two days before April 6 (the 1000 day mark before the
year 2000) along with a Press Release announcing various
events organized to highlight that auspicious date and
inviting radio stations around the world to play the song
Imagine by John Lennon as a tribute to the millions of
people who believe, as John Lennon did, that we can create a
new world of peace, love and harmony in our lifetime.

As I listened to this song played on numerous radio stations
across Quebec at noon, I could sense the growing momentum of
this initiative now spreading through countless channels to
reach out to all heads of state, all religious leaders, all
indigenous people and nearly everyone else on Earth in the
remaining 1000 days. Thirteen US state governors have already
endorsed this 1000 Day CountUp to One Day in Peace and the
drive to garner official endorsements is now spreading to
other countries. As for the following Earth Proclamation, it
is the means each individual can use to commit oneself to
the task of creating this world anew and reaching out to
more and more people everyday. The minute you dedicate
yourself to this common goal, as I did when this vision
first struck me, you become part of what we call the Earth
Rainbow Network and you assist most directly in the birth of
a new and better world for all.

Jean Hudon
Earth Rainbow Network Coordinator and Earth Concert 2000 Initiator

The Earth Proclamation

We are One people...
We share One planet...
We have One common dream...
We want to live in peace...
We choose to protect and heal the Earth...
We decide to create a better world for all...
We will do our best to make that dream come true...
We will change what needs to be changed...
We will learn, to love, share and forgive...

We are One people, we want to live and we will.

Personal Commitment

I, the undersigned,

aware that human activities are seriously endangering the
fragile ecosystems of our planet,
aware of the widening gap between the haves and the
have-nots,
aware of the need to redirect my energies to protect and
restore the global Web of Life,

decide to begin right now to rethink my ways and values,
and change what needs to be changed in myself and around me.

I want the year 2000 - a symbol for a New Beginning - to be
the turning point in the local and global efforts now
underway to create a better world based on equality, justice
and a sustainable planet -
a world in which Peace on Earth prevails.

Understanding that we are all individually responsible for
the kind of future we will create for our children and for
countless generations to come, I will participate in
initiatives, locally and globally,
to transform our world and protect this Jewel of Life we
call Earth.

I agree with this Earth Proclamation and personally commit
myself to do all that I can to spread it throughout the
world and help make our shared dream of Peace, Love and
Harmony on Earth come true.

_____________________ Signed on the ____ of __________ 199__

(Make copies before signing to share it with others, then
stick it up and read it from time to time.)

In preparation for the year 2000 millennial celebrations
that will take place all around the world, an international
effort has arisen to use this opportunity to create a sense
of anticipation about the great changes that can occur for
the well-being of all people and all life forms on Earth. We
therefore present this Earth Proclamation to foster a more
responsible vision of humanity's role for our future and ask
that you help copy and spread it throughout the world.

If everyone reading this for the first time decides to
introduce one more person, everyday, to this common goal
hereby described, millions of people will have a chance to
make this personal commitment by the year 2000.

This Earth Proclamation is circulated by the Earth Rainbow
Network.
For more details, visit our Web site at:
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000

The Earth Rainbow Network

Overview

The Earth Rainbow Network was formed in January 1997 by a small group of
people interested to use the approaching millennial celebrations as a
catalyst to unify the world. By cooperating with a wide range of people and
organizations, we hope to co-create a sustainable future for the entire
community of Life on Earth. We believe the time is right for a global event
bringing together representatives from all the cultures of the Earth in a
celebration of our common desire for Peace on Earth.

change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has!"

Margaret Mead

MISSION STATEMENT

* We will strive to help unify the world and bring Peace on Earth.
* We commit ourselves to support all creative, cooperative endeavors
advancing the following goals:

* To promote life-sustaining spiritual values.
* To make the world a better place for every living being.
* To unify humanity beyond all cultural differences.
* To inspire caring and respect for one another.
* To share the world's bounties more evenly.
* To safeguard the environment.
* To BE a world family.

* We will respect the following Code of Conduct:

1. Support the Mission Statement of the Earth Rainbow Network and its goals.
2. Communicate supportively, honestly and openly.
3. Acknowledge that whatever is being communicated, is true for the speaker
at that point in time.
4. Be responsible for your agreements, make only agreements you can keep
and resolve any disagreement as soon as possible.
5. If you see a problem, communicate it to the group along with any
suggestion you might have to resolve it, and trust that in due time, a
solution will be found.
6. Work to the best of your ability and don't be afraid to ask others for help.
7. Win quietly and celebrate when others win.
8. Focus on what works.
9. When in doubt, ask.
10. Agree to compromise to reach a resolution, and when a matter is
resolved, support it.

The actions, initiatives and activities we actively support so far include:

* The worldwide dissemination of the Earth Proclamation, available at
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/proclamation.htm

* The project of an Earth Concert to herald the beginning of the new
millennium and unify the entire human family in a celebration of our common
desire for Peace on Earth. contact: Jean Hudon (418) 272-2931, or at
<globalvisionary@cybernaute.com> or
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000

* The campaign to begin the year 2000 with a symbolic day of armistice (One
Day In Peace, January 1, 2000) and declare the Year 2000 itself as a "Year For
Peace On Earth". Contact: Bob Silverstein: (609) 443-5786 or at
<PforPEACE@aol.com>

* The "Imagine Weaving The Dream!" project, a celebrational "Live-Art
Weaving" to create a symbol of our "Woven Seamless-Web Planetary Fabric". A
world-wide participatory event to be held in Washington D.C. on The Mall or
the LA Coliseum or ?, during the summer of the year 2000. Contact: Penny
McManigal: (714) 640-1931 or <Pennymcm@aol.com>.

* The Healing Summit - Oct.12-17, 1997 in Monterey, California. A forum for
healers from all arenas (including business, politics, the arts and
education) dedicated to the service of humanity. Contact: Pamela Perry at
<pbc@mail.globalnet.co.uk> or go at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pbc

* The gathering of Vision Statements from all over the world to be put into
a time capsule (to be opened in 2100) and used for a book entitled "Common
Vision of our Future" to be published in 2000. Contact: Jean Hudon (see
above)

* The Global Wellness and Unity Activity - "In Balance With Earth" - a ten
minute sensory ecology activity that induces lasting personal and global
responsibility. Contact: Michael Cohen: <nature@pacificrim.net> or go at
http://www.ecopsych.com

* The project WAM 2000 - World Action for the Millenium. On January 1st,
2,000 all inhabitants of the Earth will be linked to receive and share for
one minute a message expressing in musical form our belonging to the global
community. Contact: Javier Creuz at <wam2000@cinet.fcr.es> or go at
http://www.wam2000.org

* Harmonic Convergence 2 - a global event, July 25-27, l997, when people
worldwide will pray/meditate at l2 noon to send PEACE, LOVE, and LIGHT to
Mother Earth and to Humanity. For info: http://www.rochester.infi.net/~bjwolf

* The First Planetary Peace Concert and Prayer - A 24 hour global media
event and broadcast scheduled for December 31,1997 with 3 themes: peace
among nations, peace with the environment of our planet, and peace within
each individual. Contact: George Fledge at <bmslbl@sedona.net> or fax at
(520) 204-1759 or go at
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000/Peaceprayer.htm

This list will be regularly updated as new members join the Earth Rainbow
Network.

                            The Earth Renaissance
                   The power of an idea whose time has come

                                   *******

                          The Earth Rainbow Network
                   A tool to serve the Great Spirit of Life

NOTE:

Anyone interested to participate in our discussions is welcomed. You can
subscribe to our discussion group, chat with us every Sunday on the current
discussion topic, have your site linked from the Earth Rainbow Network Web
page (and vice versa), have your activity included into our platform of
actions. Visit our Web site for more info and sign the Earth Proclamation
online.

Chronicle of a Co-Creation - Part 2

(published this month in the Horizons magazine in Florida - readership: 45,000)

"The entry into the 21st century and the third millennium will be a
psychological experience vastly more profound than any anniversary we
humans have yet experienced. (...) Earth's entry into the next millennium
is a planetary "transitional" event, and as a "mega anniversary" it has
potential for reinforcing the identity of human beings, first and foremost,
as citizens of Earth, as Earthlings. (...) In a sense, Earth is no longer
orbiting peacefully about the Sun. Earth is careening toward the spiritual
equivalent of a massive stone wall. (...) Changing course will require an
immense amount of energy. Not the energy that comes from coal, gas, oil, or
even nuclear fuel, but rather spiritual and emotional energy, enough to
change the thinking and lives of more than 5 billion people. (...)"1

"One thing we do know is that people want to survive, they want to work to
make the world a better place. (...) The millennium legend-making we see
today is an extremely constructive aspect of human nature."2

The story of how we CAN change things around and make a better world for ALL

        As the year 2000 approaches, we are going to hear more and more
frequently about this massive event with so much potential for change in
our collective human thinking that it could be compared to a spiritual
supernovae! What is at stake here is so colossal that we can barely begin
to imagine it. Yet we go about our everyday life as if we did not notice
yet this approaching crossroad in our history. We tend to blindly follow
the worn-out path of our habits and money-obsessed consumerist lifestyle
and resist any attempt made to open our eyes to the gigantic challenges
facing us right ahead. The world cannot continue on its current path of
self-oblivion and, indeed, many of us are screaming 'STOP AND LOOK' to the
rest of the numbly, sleepy crowd around us. We have got to change, and
fast! And we all know it... somewhere within. Last month, you could read in
this "Chronicle of a Co-Creation" about an initiative now spreading around
the world to try to create the impetus for the kind of spiritual change
needed to make a real difference. An Earth Proclamation and a Personal
Commitment were presented as a way to start making the change where it
counts the most: with you! Did you notice it? If not, take another look at
it and see if it resonates with you.
        Changing the world can only happen if we all change, one by one by
one... And changing is the only way to begin to open up to the
extraordinary potential for love, caring and compassion we all have within
us. For as long as we remain entrenched in the old patterns, whatever they
may be, we block the Flow of Change now surging all around us. If we
resist, we may suffer badly and deeply. If we go with the flow, we may soon
experience the blissful feeling of joy that comes from knowing who we are
and why we are here. I won't tell you what that is for the discovery can
only be yours. I came here to spread the awareness of our divine origin and
I follow everyday the path I'm being guided to follow to achieve what I
came to do. And you can do just the same. Find who you are and you will
know everything you need to know...
        The one thing I do know now is that we are to create the momentum
for the most far-reaching and powerful experiment in awaress-raising the
world has ever known! No one is going to change the world by sheer force or
through fear. Only Love can do it. And when we all see us as who we are,
brothers and sisters of the One Human Family, we will see the greatest
outflow of Love, Caring and Compassion for all living beings the world has
ever seen! The Great Spirit of Life will be shining through and beyond us
all to the entire universe to let everyone know and see that a new Being of
Love is born. This is no mere dreaming. This is no myth-making. This is
reality-making, for we are to be Co-Creators of a New World of Peace, Love
and Harmony. And to this common task, I'm inviting you. Shall you respond?

Jean Hudon
Earth Rainbow Network coordinator and Earth Concert 2000 initiator
To find out how you can respond, visit the Earth Concert 2000 web site at
http://www.cybernaute.com/earthconcert2000

1 Quotes taken from the book "Global 2000 Revisited: What Shall We Do?" by
Gerald O. Barney with Jane Blewett and Kristen R. Barney - A report on the
critical issues of the 21st century prepared by the Millennium Institute -
http://www.igc.apc.org/millennium/index.html
2 Quotes of an interview with author Teresa Kennedy taken from the May 1,
1997 issue of the  LET'S TALK 2000 Internet newsletter -
http://hcol.humberc.on.ca/talk2000.htm