GBlist: Malathion update

Thank you for your comments pro and con.  Since I have no choice, I want
very much to believe this will have no long-lasting ill effects.  I
tend, however, to be naturally suspicious of governmental reassurances.

My son, dog and I spent the day outside the spray zone until about 2pm
today.  I was determined NOT to be around when they sprayed.  When we
got home, we couldn't tell if it had been sprayed or not, so we put the
dog in the house just in case and went to the library.

I got out of the truck to read the sign (closed).  I had no sooner
gotten back in my vehicle when the two choppers came roaring right above
our heads, spewing poison behind them. Luckily (?), we rolled the
windows up real quickly.  Our truck got splattered with tiny orange
dots.  I felt very fortunate that we had not been directly sprayed.

I had not heard of any possible side effects, as our news stations
painted a glowing picture of harmlessness.  But what did happen is
within 5 minutes I had a low-grade headache and stinging eyes, and so
did my son. They haven't gone away yet, and now we have mild sore
throats.  Only 7 more weeks of this and we'll be lucky if we don't glow
in the dark.  But the citrus farmers will be thrilled.

Bonnie