Re: GBlist: GBLIST: greywater, septic, CT

In a message dated 5/28/97 11:54:48 PM, alex@ludden.com (Alex Ludden) wrote:

<<Hello!

I have been lurking on the list for a while, and have enjoyed all the
different viewpoints presented.
Thank you!

I bought 4 1/2 acres in Hays county, TX. It is basically two sides of a hill
with a wet-weather creek in the middle. The terrain is rocky (collecci
(sp?)). Hays county has no building permits, but I definitely need a septic
permit.

All the neighbors around have very expensive aerobic septic systems. I have
been quoted figures of $8000 and up (and every contractor I spoke with says
'Of course, this system here cost a lot more because of the difficult
location). I heard of a neighbor who spent $ 30K on his, which I think is
crazy.>>

Hi,

Sorry to be so long posting this, and it may be redundant.  Two fellows gave
talks at the JLC conference a couple of years ago about alternative
wastewater treatment systems.  They seemed well thought out to me.  The
fellows were Anish Jantrania 508-281-9773 (this may actually be the phone
number for the city of Gloucester, if it is ask for Ellen Katz, Wastewater
Engineering Coordinator).  The other fellow was George Loomis at the
University of Rhode Island, 401-792-4558 - has a training program for on-site
wastewater disposal.  They've done a lot of alternative work.  Lastly, check
with the National Small Flows Clearinghouse 1-800-624-8301 or 304-293-4191. -
Terry