Re: GBlist: Dangers of CCA Pressure Treated Wood

>Trex has been mentioned.  It is a product which has a solid cross-section
>just
>like a board.  In the latest Journal of light Construction, I see an ad for a
>product called TimberTech which has a T&G profile and a much reduced
>cross-section - its section has a top and three vertical pieces which hang
>down.  If it has reasonable span capabilites, it would be worth checking
>out -
>much less material.  Web site (I haven't been there) www.TimberTech.com.
>
>Marc Rosenbaum

We have a sample here. Seems interesting. Trouble is, it's made from
virgin plastic!

And someone made this comment about Trex:
>2 - There's probably no way to ever get rid of the stuff.

Mobil used to claim that they would take back any extra or waste product
and re-extrude it into new Trex. I don't know if Trex LLC still makes
that claim, or who would pay the shipping costs.

Nadav

EEEEE  BBBB   NN   N   ENVIRONMENTAL BUILDING NEWS   nadav@ebuild.com
E      B   B  N N  N      A Bimonthly Newsletter     http://www.ebuild.com
EEE    BBBB   N  N N      on Environmentally         RR 1, Box 161
E      B   B  N   NN      Sustainable Design         Brattleboro, VT 05301
EEEEE  BBBB   N    N      and Construction           tel. 802/257-7300