Re: GBlist: Living Machines

Further to single family residential scale in cold climates, we have
designed a small one (with John's help) for construction, as 1 of 3
separate greywater treatment systems. The other 2 are: slow sand filter
and planter box systems. In all cases we treat blackwater with a waterless
(Phoenix) toilet, optimizing the entire scope of operations.Application is
in a 10,000 DDf climate.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
-  in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
   environmental/architectural design, ecological planning,  consulting
   on sustainable  buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
   3 demonstration projects in Canada, +80,000 visitors
 - living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm