GBlist: Living Machines

Having looked at the sites recommended by all of you, (thanks so much) I
know more than I did about Living Machines....I work in Rural Alaska and
would like to know what kinds of costs are involved in setting one of
these up, what kind of maintenance is required, what designs work best in
arctic climates, and is this stuff patented....It seems the inventor John
Todd is not on the net...the site most mentioned as a connection to him
came up "Not Found."

If these things work as well as they seem to, I would love to see more
use out of them. Has anyone seen any articles on them off the 'Net?
Anyone planning on writing one? For developers of subdivisions or multi
family housing projects, There seems to be a great potential.  What are
the downsides of Living Machines as compared to regular sewage treatment
plants?

Scott Waterman