GBlist: How to outgas a new building?

Does anyone have references or information on how to outgas a new 10 story
office building by heating it up to outgas or any other methods?  I
remember reading something about heat to outgas, but I can't find the
reference.  My husband is moving into this building next year and we were
talking about ways to minimize sick building problems since the builder did
not do any greenbuilding techniques to our knowledge.  Hopefully,
greenbuilding practices will be the "norm" in the future instead of the
exception!