GBlist: Wood preservatives

A friend is having an electric line replaced across an easement which crosses
her property (not her choice!)  The utility apparently usually uses poles
treated with pentachorophenol (sp?), but also may have the options available of
creosote, CCA, ACQ, and ACZA.  She's asked me which is the least toxic,
especially since one pole is on the edge of a wetland.

Without much knowledge, I've guessed ACQ.  I thought penta was actually banned
in the US, but apparently not.

Any wisdom out there on this issue?  Are there other even less toxic
alternatives which have enough of a track record that th electric company would
consider using them?

Thanks
Marc Rosenbaum