Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 07:15:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Jorg D. Ostrowski" <jdo@acs.ucalgary.ca>
To: "Marc J. Rosenbaum" <Marc.J.Rosenbaum@VALLEY.NET>
Cc: greenbuilding@crest.org
Subject: Re: GBlist: Wood preservatives

Marc: We are using "Lifetime" treatment on wooden grade beams based on the
confidence that Parks Canada has gained with this non-toxic wood finish.If
the utility company is in the 1990s, they would be happy to try this
method of preserving wood even below grade.It comes as a powder (easy for
shipment). Water is added on site. It is a preservative "preventing decay
for 50 yeears and more. It will outlast even pressure treated wood." If
interested, your friend may wish to call Oke Wictorim of Valhalla Wood
Preservative Ltd. at (403) 228-5193.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
-  in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
   environmental/architectural design, ecological planning,  consulting
   on sustainable  buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
- 3 residential demonstration projects in Canada, +80,000 visitors
- college campus and office tower recofit under construction
- living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm
e-mail: <jdo@acs.ucalgary.ca>