[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Clever => Re: Cooling a house with ice

Offbeat but clever idea (below), but I was in a wooden icehouse in West
Virginia many years ago and that icehouse was built before there was
electricity. Yes, they carried in ice in the wintertime for use in the
summertime. I don't know how far into the summer they got with it, or
what they used the ice for, but thats what they told me. No envelope, no
calculations, no math, no science, no engineering.

On a tangent, some of the finest refractor optical telescope lenses were
ground by hand BEFORE the equations for lensmaking were understood. Its
obvious, they ground, then looked at a star, then ground, ... and when
they couldn't get the image sharper, they stopped.

AES.

======