Re: Translation of Revelation 19:9

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 20:44:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/2000 6:27:09 PM Central Standard Time,
wross@farmerstel.com writes:

<<
 Just a reminder that "AGGELOS" means "messenger". While this is commonly
 used for cherubim and seraphim et al, it is valid for others, including men
 or other communicators. Hence, one must ask who the messenger in the
 antecedent is. >>

You are absolutely correct in your statement. In the 7 letters of Caps. 2, 3
I think reference is made to human messengers -- the bishops or presbyters of
the various churches. Here, however, I think it's fairly clear that a
non-human messenger is indicated.

gfsomsel