[b-greek] Re: NIPTW

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 19:04:23 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2002 6:49:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jburke@sprint.com.au writes:

> Oh, I've always understood that this is a euphemism - and it's used again of
> Saul in the cave of Adullam. No problem there. But no suggestion that the
> phrase is referring to the pudenda. Otherwise you would have the seraphim
> going to the bathroom

No. You have the seraphim covering their pudenda. That this is the case is
relatively evident from the entire passage.

with two he covered his face - hiding his face from YHWH

and with two he flew - utilitarian

and with two he covered his feet - if not covering the pudenda, what then?
It is not simply utilitarian. I is covering his "shame."

gfsomsel