[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Biodynamic Farming Info?

I concur with the earlier posting that suggested the article
"Biological Dynamic Farming - An Occult Form of Alternative Agriculture."
H. Kirchmann, Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics 1994, 7(2)
17 3-187. The abstract states in part:

"...(Steiner's) instructions were based on insights and inner visions
from spiritualistic exercises and not on agricultural experiments...
many of his statements are not provable simply because scientifically
clear hypotheses cannot be made as his descriptions were unclear and
not stringent. Those predictions that can be tested scientifically have
been found to be incorrect. It was concluded (in the article) that
Steiner's instructions are occult and dogmatic and cannot contribute
to the development of alternative or sustainable agriculture."

Jonathan Haskett