Newsgroups: rec.gardens,bionet.plants
From: abl9y@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Andrew B. Lederman)
Subject: Seed germination for tropical plants
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1993 14:19:52 GMT

I recently acquired some tropical seeds (dwarf banana, bird of paradise,
passion flower) and need some advice on how to get them started.  The problem
is that they require germination tempereatures between 80 - 90 degrees.

How can I provide adequate temperatures and humidity etc. in my cold apartment?
I figure I could make some sort of mini greenhouse with an aquarium, but I don't
know the best way to keep the temperature up.

Thanks,

Andrew

abl9y@virginia.edu

Article 838 of bionet.plants: