[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Biology Question on Trees and Polution

In article <eeeD5sqJA.HGB@netcom.com>, <eee@netcom.com> writes:

> >I'm sure Mr. Reagan would blame the ground-hogs.  and that Mr Thorson
> >would believe him.
>
> And if the Natural Resources Defense Council said Rush Limbaugh emits
10%
> of the methane going into the atmosphere, I'm sure anthonyp would send
> them $15 to do something about it.

Sorry, no.  That would be like taking the republican approach to balancing
the budget by targetting catagories that make up small proportions of the
budget while ignoring those that account for 80% of it.

I thought Paul W.'s analogy was reasonable...Since things die everyday, it
must be OK to commit murder.

One also must keep in mind that most of the volitile hydrocarbons plants
produce have biological roles in the ecosystem.  The same cannot be said
for most of that produced from human industry.
I don't think I would lump the D-limonine produced by my lemon tree
in there with dioxin.

tony