[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q: using endomychoritzas for agricultural purposes

In article <3k8m5o$eco@plootu.helsinki.fi> laakkone@cc.helsinki.fi (Tero Laakkonen) writes:
>hi,
>
>i am an organic farmer from hollola, southern finland. i have read intriguing
>reports on using endomychoritzas to mine nutrients out of the depths for
>the benefit of cultivated plants (eg. grains). our fields are said to
>contain a lot of potash, and i want to use endomychoritzas to mine it out.
>
>can someone point me to a comprehensive guide on how to use these techniques?

On a recent trip to Uppsala, I met a Finnish researcher in
mycorrhizae who is interested in agricultural applications of AMF .
His name is Mauritz Vestberg and he is located at the research
center in Laukka.

I am sure he can steer you to the appropriate information

Peter
*   Peter Herman, Dept. of Biology	Phone: +1 505 646 4532    *
*   New Mexico State University		Fax:   +1 505 646 5665    *
*   Box 30001, Dept. 3AF					  *
*   Las Cruces, NM 88003 USA		e-mail rpeter@nmsu.edu    *