[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: soils for class presentation (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 11:27:59 EST
From: WLockeretz@infonet.tufts.edu
To: sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: re: soils for class presentation

You may wish to check out Vol. 7, No. 1-2 of American Journal of Alternative
Agriculture (1992), which devoted a double issue to the subject of soil
quality.  This is closely related to what you inquired about.  The issue has
10 articles by a distinguished international panel of authors, and addresses
most aspects of the topic, including soil organisms (both microorganisms and
invertebrates), physical and chemical soil characteristics, management
effects, and so forth.

William Lockeretz

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure in this ethics-conscious era, to
avoid apperanace of conflict-of-interest I should mention that I am technical
editor of the journal that published that exhaustive, definitive and
exceptionally well-done treatment of the subject.