No Subject

TO:     International Forage List

FROM:   Mylen Bohle
        Crook County Extension

Has anyone heard of "German" rye being used to control/repel ground
squirrels in grass or alfalfa fields? (Planting around the field.)
We have big problems with ground squirrels (& gophers) in hay and
pasture fields in central Oreogn.

I have not ever heard of this.  I know gophers live in rye fields.
And "German" rye, I had not heard of that term.  I would assume
cereal rye from Germany is what the reference is to.   I would doubt
this would have an effect on the ground quirrels.

Has anyone heard about this?