salt on grass.

Date sent:  2-MAY-1995 08:32:33
Spring has finally sprung here in Northeastern NY.  Corn planting just
getting started. Alfalfa made it through our open winter in surprisingly
good shape, though there is some frostheaving on high-OM soils.

After asking around and not finding anything on the salt on grass
question, decided to take matters into hand and yesterday established
a modest trial, 50# NaCl vs control, 4 reps. According to a nov 94
Hoard's Dairyman article, salt is supposed to increase forage and
milk production and reduce tissue K levels precipitously. We'll see.