RE: An idea to share

This discussion is very interesting to me.  Intensive grazing in general seems to be more natural in that it causes cows to impact the land more like the native grazing animals did.  At least that is what I have read.

I wonder if you could recommend a book about this.  We have aquired a 25 acre pasture which we would like to keep the best way.  We are looking for cows now.  In our area, grazing is the primary agricultural use of land.  Our land is varried in terrain -- a little woods, some slope, some sandy loam, some rocky areas, a pond, a wet-weather creek -- like lots of places I guess.

Please forgive the intrusion -- I do recognize that the primary use of this list is scholarly, and don't want to cause a petty digression.  I do suspect that other farmers are lurking here though, so I am going to go ahead and send this to the list.